Read our guide on everything you need to know about paying for your transfer by direct debit.
In this article, we’ll cover:
- Who can use Direct Debit?
- Where/who can I send money to using Direct Debit?
- How does this payment method work?
- What are the limits for sending money using Direct Debit?
- How long does it take to send money using Direct Debit?
- Are there any charges for using this method?
- How can I add this payment method to my Xe account?
- Can I cancel my direct debit transaction?
Who can use Direct Debit?
Direct Debit is available for UK based customers who wish to make regular payments to us. Direct Debit cannot be used for one-time transfers.
If you are based in the US or Canada you can take advantage of our ACH / EFT payment option.
For a full list of payment methods available for your region, please click here.
Where/who can I send money to using Direct Debit?
This method will be used to settle to us for your regular payment. The currency you have purchased can be sent to yourself or someone else.
How does this payment method work?
This would be set up by a mandate being sent to your bank. Your bank will then need to set up the Direct debit on their side.
What are the limits for sending money using Direct Debit?
There is a limit of GBP 3,000 per direct debit payment.
How long does it take to send money using Direct Debit?
A direct debit can take 3-4 working days to clear into our account. Payment will be sent on the agreed payment date, which is determined when the direct debit is arranged.
Are there any charges for using this method?
No, this is a free payment method.
How can I add this payment method to my Xe account?
We’ll discuss a direct debit arrangement with you when setting up a Regular Payment Abroad (RPA). As long as the regular payment falls within our limit, we’ll gather the necessary information needed to set it up.
Can I cancel my direct debit transaction?
Depending on the stage that your initial transaction is at, it may or may not be possible for you to cancel this transfer and request a refund.
If you’ve not yet confirmed the transaction, you can simply cancel the process yourself by doing the following:
- In the app: Simply click the cross icon in the top left-hand corner to stop the transfer
- On the website: Click Go back to return to a previous step and edit details, or close the browser window to cancel the transaction entirely
If you’ve got an existing regular payment set up which you wish to cancel, please contact us to do so.