Read our guide on everything you need to know about paying for your transfer by bank debit (ACH) in the US.
- Who can use this method?
- Where/who can I send money to using ACH?
- What are the limits for using ACH?
- How long does it take to send money using ACH?
- Are there any charges for using ACH?
What is bank debit (ACH)?
When you use bank debit (ACH) to fund your transfer you are authorising a one-time debit from your bank account to ours. As it can take a few days for your account to be debited, it is important to ensure you have sufficient funds in your account until the debit is made.
Who can use this method?
ACH is available for customers in the United States of America. For a full list of payment methods available for your region, please click here.
Where/who can I send money to using ACH?
Customers in the USA can send all available currencies using this method.
How much can I send using ACH?
You can send up to $30,000 USD every 25 days using this method.
How long does it take to send money using ACH?
It usually takes up to 3 business days for an ACH payment. As it can take a few days for your account to be debited, it is important to ensure you have sufficient funds in your account until the debit is made.
If speed is important, we recommend using card payment.
Are there any charges for using ACH?
No, this is a free payment method.
How do I set up ACH?
We recommend using the Xe app to send money using bank debit (ACH).
Using the Xe App
- Select ACH as your chosen payment method on the quote page.
- When you reach the payment stage you will be presented with information about our ACH partner, Plaid.
- You’ll then be asked to select your bank. A selection of popular banks appears, but if yours isn’t shown then you have the option to search.
- Your screen will start to resemble your online banking app, complete with branding and colour schemes, and you’ll be prompted to log in.
- Once logged in, you’ll be able to select the account you wish to use and you’ll receive a message saying you’ve been successfully verified.
- You’ll then be returned to an Xe screen which tells you that your accounts are now linked and offers you the chance to give this ACH account a nickname. You can then tick the box to accept our terms and conditions and the process is complete.
Using the Xe website
- Sign in to your Xe account
- Click on the My Account tab in the top right-hand corner
- Select ACH bank accounts and then Add a bank account
- A screen will appear asking for permission to connect to your bank. You must click accept.
- You’ll be shown a selection of popular banks. If your bank isn’t displayed, you’ll need to search for it.
- You’ll then be prompted to select your bank account type.
- The next screen asks you to enter your login credentials for online banking.
- Next is a 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) stage where you’ll be sent a text message and must enter the details requested to begin the connection to your bank.
- Once the connection is established, you choose the specific account you wish to link and are asked to enter your Routing Number to finish the process.
Can I cancel my ACH transaction?
Depending on the stage that your transaction is at, it may or may not be possible for you to cancel this transfer and request a refund.
If you’ve not yet confirmed the transaction, you can simply cancel the process yourself by doing the following:
- In the app: Simply click the cross icon in the top left-hand corner to stop the transfer
- On the website: Click ‘go back’ to return to a previous step and edit details, or close the browser window to cancel the transaction entirely
If you’ve confirmed your transfer, it is likely we will be able to cancel your transaction.
We purchase your funds at the time of confirmation and once your debit request has been submitted, it cannot be reversed.