Read our guide on everything you need to know about paying for your transfer by credit card.
In this article, we’ll cover:
- Who can use this payment method?
- Which currency can I pay for my transfer in if I'm using a credit card?
- How does this payment method work?
- What are the limits for credit card payments?
- How long does it take to send money using a credit card?
- Why was my card payment unsuccessful?
- How can I add this method to my Xe account?
- Can I cancel my credit card transaction?
Who can use this payment method?
If you're registered with us in the UK, Europe, Canada, the United States, New Zealand or Australia, you can pay for your transfers using a credit card.
For a full list of payment methods available for your region, please click here.
Which currency can I pay for my transfer in if I'm using a credit card?
For customers registered in the UK and Europe, credit cards can be used to pay for transfers in:
- British Pounds (GBP)
- Euros (EUR)
- Danish Krone (DKK)
- Norwegian Krone (NOK)
- Swiss Franc (CHF)
- Swedish Krona (SEK)
For customers registered in the United States, credit cards can be used to pay for transfers in US Dollars (USD).
For customers registered in Canada, credit cards can be used to pay for transfers in Canadian Dollars (CAD) and US Dollars (USD).
For customers registered in New Zealand, credit cards can be used to pay for transfers in New Zealand Dollars (NZD).
For customers registered in Australia, credit cards can be used to pay for transfers in Australian Dollars (AUD).
How does this payment method work?
Credit card payments can be made using the Xe app or website. You may be required to authorise the transaction using a passcode provided by your bank when going through the authentication stage (3D Secure).
What are the limits for credit card payments?
|Your Region||Number of transactions allowed||Total daily limit|
|UK 🇬🇧||5 per day||£30,000 GBP per day|
|United States 🇺🇸||5 per day||$3,000 USD per day|
|Canada 🇨🇦||5 per day||$5,000 CAD per day|
|New Zealand 🇳🇿||5 per day||$5,000 NZD per day|
|Australia 🇦🇺||5 per day||$5,000 AUD per day|
|Europe 🇪🇺||5 per day||€30,000 EUR per day|
|Please note: Keep in mind that your bank may have different per transaction or daily limits.|
How long does it take to send money using a credit card?
We’ll receive an instant payment and will send payment on its payment date, which will be the same or next day, however this depends on the currency being sent.
Why was my card payment unsuccessful?
There are a number of reasons why your card payment may have failed. Take a look at some of the most common reasons why card payments fail here in our guide.
How can I add this method to my Xe account?
You can add credit card information during the transfer process. You can also securely store your card information for future use.
In the app
- Select your currency types and amount to transfer
- Choose Pay by card
- Hit Continue and tell us who you want to send your money to.
- Confirm you want to pay bu Credit card from the list of payment methods.
- Enter your card details and tick Save your card for future payments if you wish. Click Continue and review your transaction.
- Once you've completed a transfer using a card and opted to save its details, it should be visible by heading to More via the bottom navigation bar and then selecting Payment methods.
We recommend using the Xe app to transfer your money.
On the web
- Select your currency type, amount to transfer, and who you want to send your money to, then progress to step three.
- Stage three is the payment stage, and this is where you can enter your card details. You can tick the box to store them for future use if you wish.
- Once you’ve completed a transfer using a card and opted to save its details, it should then be visible to you by heading to My Account and then selecting Debit and Credit Cards.
Can I cancel my credit card transaction?
Depending on the stage that your initial transaction is at, it may or may not be possible for you to cancel this transfer and request a refund.
If you’ve not yet confirmed the transaction, you can simply cancel the process yourself by doing the following:
- In the app: Simply click the cross icon in the top left-hand corner to stop the transfer
- On the website: Click Go back to return to a previous step and edit details, or close the browser window to cancel the transaction entirely
If you’ve confirmed your transfer, it is unlikely we will be able to cancel your transaction.
We purchase your funds at the time of confirmation and once your debit request has been submitted, it cannot be reversed.