Read our guide on everything you need to know about paying for your transfer by credit card.
- Who can use this payment method?
- Where/who can I send money to using a credit card?
- How does this payment method work?
- What are the limits for credit card payments?
- Credit card charges
Who can use this payment method?
If you are a registered UK, EU or US user you can make payment for transfers using a credit card.
|July 2021 (subject to change) - Card payment will soon be available for customers in Australia, New Zealand and Canada.|
For a full list of payment methods available for your region, please click here.
Where/who can I send money to using a credit card?
Credit cards can be used to pay for transfers in;
- British Pounds (GBP)
- Euros (EUR)
- Danish Krone (DKK)
- Norwegian Krone (NOK)
- Swiss Franc (CHF)
- Swedish Krona (SEK)
- US Dollars (USD)
How does this payment method work?
Credit card payments can be made using the Xe app or website. You may be required to authorise the transaction using a passcode provided by your bank when going through the authentication stage (3D Secure).
What are the limits for credit card payments?
|UK & Europe||GBP 70,000 per day||No more than 5 transactions in a single day, not exceeding £75,000.|
|United States||USD 3,000 per day||
Not to exceed 2 transactions within 7 days.
Not to exceed USD 9,000 within 25 days.
Please note: Keep in mind that your bank may have different per transaction or daily limits.
US users can only send major currencies (British Pounds, Australian Dollars, New Zealand Dollars and Canadian Dollars) using a credit card.
How long does it take to send money using a credit card?
We’ll receive an instant payment and will send payment on its payment date, which will be the same or next day, however this depends on the currency being sent.
Are there any charges for using a credit card?
Your card issuer may charge a cash advance fee of up to 5%, and start charging interest from the point of purchase. If this is the case, you will be liable for this charge.
US users will also be charged a small fee for using a credit card, which will be a percentage of the total amount being sent. Please see the below table for details of when this applies:
|Amount sent (USD)||Charge (percentage of amount sent)|
|Up to $1,999||3%|
|$2,000 to $3,000||2.5%|
Why was my card payment unsuccessful?
There are a number of reasons why your card payment may have failed. Take a look at some of the most common reasons why card payments fail here in our guide.
How can I add this method to my Xe account?
You can add credit card information during the transfer process. You can also securely store your card information for future use.
In the app
- Select your currency type, amount to transfer, and who you want to send your money to, then progress to step three.
- You’ll be presented with a payment method screen. If you’ve previously saved cards, these will now be presented along with an option to add a new one.
- To add a new card, you can choose this option and then you’ll be prompted to enter the card details. You’ll then have the chance to review your transaction.
- Once you’ve completed a transfer using a card and opted to save its details, it should then be visible to the user by heading to More via the bottom navigation bar and then selecting Payment methods.
On the web
- Select your currency type and amount to transfer, and who you want to send your money to, then progress to step three.
- Stage three is the payment stage, and this is where you’re offered the chance to enter your card details. You can check the box to store them for future use if you wish.
- Once you’ve completed a transfer using a card and opted to save its details, it should then be visible to you by heading to My Account and then selecting Debit and Credit Cards.
Can I cancel my credit card transaction?
Depending on the stage that your initial transaction is at, it may or may not be possible for you to cancel this transfer and request a refund.
If you’ve not yet confirmed the transaction, you can simply cancel the process yourself by doing the following:
- In the app: Simply click the cross icon in the top left-hand corner to stop the transfer
- On the website: Click ‘go back’ to return to a previous step and edit details, or close the browser window to cancel the transaction entirely
If you’ve confirmed your transfer, it is likely we are unable to cancel your transaction.
We purchase your funds at the time of confirmation and once your request has been submitted, it cannot be easily reversed.