Read our guide on everything you need to know about paying for your transfer by debit card.
In this article, we’ll cover:
- Who can use this method?
- Which currency can I pay for my transfer in if I'm using a debit card?
- How does this payment method work?
- What are the limits for debit card payments?
- How long does it take to send money using a debit card?
- How can I add this method to my Xe account?
- Why was my card payment unsuccessful?
- Can I cancel my Debit Card transaction?
Who can use this method?
If you're registered with us in the UK, Europe, Canada, the United States, New Zealand or Australia, you can pay for your transfers using a debit card.
For a full list of payment methods available for your region, please click here.
Which currency can I pay for my transfer in if I'm using a debit card?
For customers registered in the UK and Europe, debit cards can be used to pay for transfers in:
- British Pounds (GBP)
- Euros (EUR)
- Danish Krone (DKK)
- Norwegian Krone (NOK)
- Swiss Franc (CHF)
- Swedish Krona (SEK)
For customers registered in the United States, debit cards can be used to pay for transfers in US Dollars (USD)
For customers registered in Canada, debit cards can be used to pay for transfers in Canadian Dollars (CAD) and US Dollars (USD)
For customers registered in New Zealand, debit cards can be used to pay for transfers in New Zealand Dollars (NZD).
For customers registered in Australia, debit cards can be used to pay for transfers in Australian Dollars (AUD).
How does this payment method work?
Debit card payments can be made using the Xe app or website. You may be required to authorise the transaction using a passcode provided by your bank when going through the authentication stage (3D Secure).
What are the limits for debit card payments?
Debit card payments can be made using the Xe app or website. You may be required to authorise the transaction using a passcode provided by your bank when going through the authentication (3D Secure).
|Your Region||Number of transactions allowed||Total daily limit|
|UK 🇬🇧||5 per day||£30,000 GBP per day|
|United States 🇺🇸||5 per day||$3,000 USD per day|
|Canada 🇨🇦||5 per day||$5,000 CAD per day|
|New Zealand 🇳🇿||5 per day||$5,000 NZD per day|
|Australia 🇦🇺||5 per day||$5,000 AUD per day|
|Europe 🇪🇺||5 per day||€30,000 EUR per day|
|Please note: Your bank may have different per transaction or daily limits.|
How long does it take to send money using a debit card?
Paying by card is our fastest payment method.
How can I add this method to my Xe account?
You can add your debit card information during the transfer process. You can also securely store your card information for future use.
In the app
- Select your currency types and amount to transfer
- Choose Pay by card
- Hit Continue and tell us who you want to send your money to.
- Confirm you want to pay bu Debit card from the list of payment methods.
- Enter your card details and tick Save your card for future payments if you wish. Click Continue and review your transaction.
- Once you've completed a transfer using a card and opted to save its details, it should be visible by heading to More via the bottom navigation bar and then selecting Payment methods.
We recommend using the Xe app to transfer your money. Click one of the buttons below to download it:
On the web
- Select your currency type, amount to transfer, and who you want to send your money to, then progress to step three.
- Stage three is the payment stage, this is where you can enter your card details. You can tick the box to store them for future use if you wish.
- Once you’ve completed a transfer using a card and opted to save its details, it should then be visible to you by heading to My Account and then selecting Debit and Credit Cards.
Why was my card payment unsuccessful?
There are a number of reasons why your card payment may have failed. Take a look at some of the most common reasons why card payments fail here in our guide.
Can I cancel my Debit Card transaction?
Depending on the stage that your initial transaction is at, it may or may not be possible for you to cancel this transfer and request a refund.
If you’ve not yet confirmed the transaction, you can simply cancel the process yourself by doing the following:
- In the app: Simply click the cross icon in the top left-hand corner to stop the transfer
- On the website: Click Go back to return to a previous step and edit details, or close the browser window to cancel the transaction entirely
If you’ve confirmed your transfer, it is unlikely we will be able to cancel your transaction.
We purchase your funds at the time of confirmation and once your debit request has been submitted, it cannot be reversed.