What is 2FA?
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) adds an extra layer of security by making sure that people logging into an account are who they say they are.
It works by asking for two forms of identification when you log in. This could be any of the following:
- Something you know (e.g. your login details)
- Something you have (e.g. a phone)
- Something you are (e.g. your fingerprint)
Log in to the app with 2FA
Face ID or Touch ID are the easiest ways to pass 2FA on the app.
To enable Face ID or Touch ID on your phone:
- Open the Xe app
- Click the Profile Icon in the top left-hand corner of the screen
- Choose Settings followed by Security
- Use the slider to turn Touch ID or Face ID on.
You might be asked for a verification code (valid for 20 minutes) the first time you log in on the app. Your device will then be trusted and you won't need to verify a code again.
|Please note: the app is not available for business accounts. Please log in on the website instead.
Log in to the website with 2FA
We'll send you a verification code once you've entered your login details.
We'll send this code to you by SMS. If you'd prefer to receive the code by voice call or WhatsApp, click 'Try another way' on the Security check screen and choose the best option for you.
- The code will be delivered to the phone number registered to your account
- Codes are valid for 20 minutes
Updating your phone number for 2FA
Follow the steps below to update your phone number either before you log in on the website, or in your online account.
Before you log in online:
- Login to your account on the website with your username and password
- On the Security check screen click Change your phone number
- Enter your new number
- Enter the code sent to your email address
- Click Change phone number to confirm
In your online account:
You can change the phone number in your account (the number we send the verification code to) by:
- In your account on the website, click on the drop down arrow next to your name in the top right-hand corner
- Choose Settings
- Click on the pencil icon next to your phone number
- Choose your country code
- Add your phone number (don't include dashes or '0' at the start of the number)
- Click Change phone number
Can I use a landline number?
Yes, you can.
If you use a landline, you'll be asked to press a specific number. An automated message will speak the 6-digit verification code for you to enter on the 2FA screen.
|Please note: if you're using an office or business landline number for 2FA, you'll need to make sure that it's a direct number (not an automated phone answering system).
Can I use an email address instead?
No, you can't. You need to have a phone number on your account.
What number will the verification code be sent from?
This number might change.
If you're trying to log in to your account and see the Security check screen you should expect to receive a verification code for your money transfer.
|Important: if you receive a verification code and you're not trying to log in to your account, it could be fraudulent. Please contact us immediately. Never share verification codes with anyone.
What should I do if I travel often?
We'd recommend using the app and Face ID or Touch ID instead of the website if you travel a lot and your phone number changes.
Please note that the app is not available to business customers.