We take your security seriously and make every effort to protect you and your money while using our service. There are several reasons why your account may have been restricted or closed.
Accounts may be restricted or closed if:
- You're sending money from a country we don't support
- Your registered address has changed
- Your account was subject to restriction or closure for another reason
- You asked us to close or restrict your account
Following a recent review, we contacted a small number of customers to tell them that we can no longer provide money transfers to their country of residence.
You may have been sending money from that country for some time and may not have expected this information. We're sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
Any transfers already in progress will be completed before we make any changes to your account.
You'll still be able to access your historical transfers after your account has been locked, as well as use our currency converter and exchange rate alerts.
I missed the email and my account was restricted before I could update my details:
We emailed affected customers providing further information and giving them the opportunity to update their address.
Things to know:
- If you live in a country we serve, we may be able to remove the restriction on your account
- If your updated address is on our list of supported countries, you'll still be able to transfer money with Xe
You’ll still be able to access your account even after it has been restricted.
Sign in and update your information. If all requirements are met, you’ll be able to send money again in your new country.
When you move, you'll need to update your registered address with Xe.
Here's what you need to know when you move to a different part of the world:
Moving to a new address within the same Xe-supported country or region
- You'll receive an email and/or push notification confirming that your change of address is complete. There won't be any changes or restrictions if the country is supported by Xe.
Moving to a new address in another Xe-supported country or region
- You'll need to follow the same process as for a domestic change of address. You'll need to accept a new set of terms and conditions once you've updated your details.
Moving to an unsupported country
If you move to a country we don't serve, your account will be restricted.
- You won't be able to send money from your account, but you'll still be able to use our Currency Converter tool and set Rate Alerts.
|Important: if you move to a new region, your payment options may change. If you're paying by bank transfer, please check that you have the correct bank details for the region; they may change when you move.|
Other reasons your account has been closed or restricted
If your account has been closed and you didn't request this action, the decision was made by the company. Unfortunately we can't give you any more information about the reason for the closure.
If you believe your account has been closed in error, the quickest way to let us know is by clicking the Chat with us button below.
You asked us to close or restrict your account
Once an account is closed, we're required by our anti-money laundering and data protection obligations to keep your information for 7 years from the date of your last transaction.
Rest assured that your details will be kept secure and will not be used for any other purpose.