To keep your money safe, we may cancel your transfer if it breaks our terms and conditions or because of a technical issue.
Reasons we may cancel your transfer
You didn’t pay for your transfer
- If we don't receive your payment for your money transfer then we'll cancel it.
You tried sending money to someone you don’t know
- Don’t fall victim to scams! Only send to friends, family, and people you know. If we feel like your security is at risk, we'll cancel your transfer.
The receiving bank rejected the transfer
- The recipient’s bank might reject a payment if the recipient details aren't correct, if the bank account is closed or for another reason.
When this happens, we’ll let you know what options are available to you. If we don’t hear from you, we’ll cancel your transfer and return your money to you.
You may be sending to a country that has a lot of fraudulent activity
- Every money transfer is reviewed individually to figure out if it’s safe. We don’t block all transfers to certain countries, but if a transfer matches a fraudulent pattern we’re seeing, it will be cancelled.
Your debit/credit card billing address didn’t match the address on your Xe account
- An address mismatch is another reason why an order might be cancelled. Make sure the card and address is updated before you try again.
We needed more information from you
- If your order was selected for review, we'll need more information before it can be sent. Reviews can happen if an order was deemed suspicious, but sometimes they're random.
You’ll receive our request via email. If you don’t supply us with the information, within the requested timeframe (typically 2 working days), then we’ll have to cancel your transfer.
Sending money after a cancelled transfer
Your ability to continue sending money with us depends on why your transfer was cancelled. If your transfer broke our policies or was fraudulent, your account may be locked. This decision is final.
Refunds for cancelled transfers
Due to the way banks process refunds, it can take up to 10 business days for your money to be credited to your account, but it's usually quicker than that.
- If you paid by bank transfer or ACH, you'll normally receive your refund within 48 hours of requesting it
- If you paid by credit or debit card, you'll normally receive your refund within 4 days of requesting it
We won't charge you any fees that may have been added when you set up your transfer.
Please contact your bank or card provider if you have questions.