We’re committed to keeping you and your money safe, as well as complying with our regulatory and legal requirements. That's why we need to make sure your account is registered to the right region.
In this article, we’ll cover:
- Why has my account changed region?
- What happens when I move?
- What effect will this have on my account?
Why has my account changed region?
Ensuring your current address matches the region your account is registered to is a regulatory and legal requirement. It also means you can enjoy the account benefits your region offers while helping us to serve you more quickly and efficiently.
If you’ve moved to a new region, we’ll automatically move your account as well.
You'll receive an email to let you know your account is moving and the option to complete any remaining transfers before these changes take effect.
If you think we have the wrong address, please update it on your account as soon as possible by following the steps in this article.
What happens when I move?
When you move home, you'll need to update your registered address with Xe. Updating your address is quick and easy. Visit our dedicated help article if you need help with that.
Here’s what you’ll need to be aware of when moving to different parts of the world:
Moving to a new address in the same country or region
This is the simplest change of address process. You’ll receive an email and/or push notification confirming the change of address has been completed. You’re all set and won’t notice any changes or restrictions.
Moving to a new address in another country or region supported by Xe
This is another simple process. You’ll need to follow the same process as the domestic change of address, but you’ll need to accept a new set of terms and conditions after updating your details.
|Important: Please also be aware that moving to a new region may present you with a different set of account options. You can read about these in this section.|
Moving to an address in an unsupported country
This change of address would result in a restriction or account closure as you’ve moved to an area we don’t serve. You can read more about that here.
You won't be able to send any money transfers from your account, but you'll still be able to use our free services such as our popular Currency Converter and Rate Alerts.
For a full list of countries served by our money transfer service, please click here.
What effect will this have on my account?
You’ll be notified by an email and/or push notification when your account has moved to your new region. If you've moved to a region we support, you may still notice some changes to account:
- You may find different payment methods are available to you. See the full list of ways you can pay in your region here.
- If you pay us by bank transfer, our bank deposit details are likely to have changed. Read this article if you're unsure how to find them.
- Your new region might have different verification requirements. These are listed here, but we'll let you know if we need anything.
- Some regions require 2-Factor Authentication (2FA). Make sure we have the correct phone number so you can pass this security check.
- You’ll also have new terms and conditions. You can view these in advance on the important information section of our website.