- Who can use this payment method?
- What are the limits for using BPAY?
- How long does it take to send money using this method?
- Are there any charges for using BPAY?
- How can I add this method to my Xe account?
What is BPAY?
BPAY is an electronic bill payment system in Australia which enables payments to be made through their online or telephone banking to organisations, such as Xe, which are registered BPAY billers.
Who can use this payment method?
Any Xe customer with an Australian-based AUD bank account who is registered with us in either Australia or New Zealand.
For a full list of payment methods available for your region, please click here.
How does BPAY work?
BPAY allows you to pay us using their phone, internet and mobile banking. It works in the following way:
- You log on and enter our details from your contract note.
- You then choose the account you want to pay with.
- Your bank checks the details and then debits your account before the file is sent to BPAY, with files being processed in bulk at the end of the business day.
What are the limits for using BPAY?
The standard limit for using BPAY is $25,000 AUD per transfer.
How long does it take to send money using this method?
BPAY doesn't process payments instantly. Payments are processed at the end of the business day. It can take 24 to 48 hours for the payment to reach us, depending on what time of day it was sent.
Are there any charges for using BPAY?
No, it’s free to use BPAY.
How can I add this method to my Xe account?
BPAY works using your own banking system and requires 3 key pieces of information, which will be provided in the contract note.
- BPAY Biller Code (e.g. 12345)
- Unique Customer Reference Number (e.g. 1234 1234 1234 1234)
- Amount to be paid
You log in to your online bank and add the details provided in your contract note, which you’ll receive once you complete your transfer either on our web or app. We process the payment once we receive it from BPAY.
Can I cancel my Bill Payment transaction?
Depending on the stage that your initial transaction is at, it may or may not be possible for you to cancel this transfer and request a refund.
If you’ve not yet confirmed the transaction, you can simply cancel the process yourself by doing the following:
- In the app: Simply click the cross icon in the top left-hand corner to stop the transfer
- On the website: Click ‘go back’ to return to a previous step and edit details, or close the browser window to cancel the transaction entirely
If you’ve confirmed your transfer, it is likely we are unable to cancel your transaction.
We purchase your funds at the time of confirmation and once your request has been submitted, it cannot be easily reversed.