Read our guide on everything you need to know about paying for your transfer by Interac (e-Transfer) in Canada.
In this article, we’ll cover:
- What is Interac (e-Transfer)?
- Who can use this payment method?
- Where/who can I send money to using this method?
- How does Interac (e-Transfer) work?
- What are the limits for payments using this method?
- How long does it take to send money using this method?
- Are there any charges for using Interac e-Transfer?
- How do I add this method to my Xe account?
What is Interac (e-Transfer)?
Interac e-Transfer is a funds transfer service between personal and business accounts at participating Canadian banks and other financial institutions.
Who can use this payment method?
Anyone who is paying Xe in Canadian Dollars (CAD) from a participating Canadian bank account.
For a full list of payment methods available for your region, please click here.
Where/who can I send money to using this method?
We offer multiple currencies as long as the recipient holds a bank account for the currency being sent. The full list can be found here.
How does Interac (e-Transfer) work?
You can follow these simple steps to pay us via Interac e-Transfer:
- Initiate the money transfer process and select bank transfer as your payment method.
- Wait for the contract note to be emailed – this contains the information needed to pay us.
- Log in to your online banking .
- Add our Interac e-Transfer email address (see below) when making the payment.
Enter the amount needed to settle the contract but DO NOT set up a password or security question as our account is set up for Auto deposit.
What are the limits for payments using this method?
Per transfer limit
Per week limit
Per month limit
|$3,000 CAD||$10,000 CAD||$20,000 CAD|
How long does it take to send money using this method?
This is a relatively fast payment method. It can take 1 business day to reach us, but it’s often faster.
Are there any charges for using Interac e-Transfer?
It’s typically a free service, but this is at the discretion of the customer's bank.
How do I add this method to my Xe account?
We provide all of the information you need in the contract note.
These are the relevant email addresses you'll need, by region: