You'll receive our send rate when sending money with Xe. Read our guide on what a send rate is and how to find out the rate you'll get in this article.
In this article, we’ll cover:
What is the send rate?
The send rate represents the rate of exchange you will receive when sending your money with Xe.
Where do I find the send rate?
On the Xe app
During the money transfer process, you'll find the send rate both at the start and at the end of your process.
The send rate may change between these two points, for the reasons listed here, but the initial quote you get (left) will act as an indicator.
The final quote you see, which is the rate you pay, will appear on the review transfer screen (right) just before you confirm the transaction.
If the send rate has changed between the two screens, you'll also see a message notifying you of the difference.
We recommend using the Xe app to transfer your money.
On the website
If you're using Xe on the web, you'll be guided through a similar experience as on the app.
To get a send rate (or exchange rate) on the web:
- Click the blue button 'Send money' in the top left hand corner of your screen
- Choose the Destination Country (where you're sending money to)
- In the 'You send' field enter the amount of money you want to send. This is your home currency.
- The 'Recipient gets' field will populate with the amount of money your recipient will receive.
- If you want your recipient to receive a certain amount, complete the 'Recipient gets' field first.
- The 'You send' field will populate with the amount of money this will cost you.
As you progress through the money transfer pages, you'll eventually end up at the confirm transfer page.
There, you'll once again be shown the final send rate, as well as a potential message to alert you if your send rate has changed since you started the process.
Can my send rate change?
There are a few reasons why the send rate you receive may change during the process of booking a transfer. Learn more about when and why this can happen here.