- What is 2FA?
- How do I use 2FA with Xe?
- How do I update my phone number?
- I lost my mobile phone - can I still log in?
- Can I use a landline number?
- How do I set up Touch ID or Face ID?
What is 2-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
We place the highest importance on ensuring the security of your information, which is why we’re using 2-Factor Authentication (2FA). Under 2-factor authentication, 2 forms of ID are required in order to confirm an action. This could be any combination of 2 out of the 3 categories below:
- Something you know (e.g. log in details)
- Something you have (e.g. phone)
- Something you are (e.g. fingerprint)
This means, for example, you could access your account using your login details and confirmation of a code sent through to your phone. This tells us that it really is you trying to complete a certain action.
How do I use 2FA with Xe?
We will ask customers in the UK and Europe to verify a code at login, which we will send in a message to your phone.
It’s easy to do, and the instructions will be clear on the website for you. This means that we can confirm it is you, increasing the security of your account.
Please check that the phone number on your account is correct to ensure we send the code to the right number.
Don’t worry – if you forget your password or change your phone number then you will still be able to access your account, simply follow the instructions we provide.
How do I change the phone number I use for 2FA?
We use 2-factor authentication to keep you and your money as safe as possible. Your phone number is a key form of identification in this process and there may be a time when you wish to change the number you use for this. It’s easy to make this change in the app or on our website and can be done in a matter of minutes.
I want to change my number using the app
Follow these steps to change the number you use for 2FA if you're using the app:
Click the Profile icon and then select View Profile to access your details.
You’ll see an option for Your mobile number and clicking the pencil icon will present you with the option to update your phone number.
Please select the appropriate country code and then add your number.
Hit save to finish and you're all set.
I want to change my number using the website
Follow these steps to change the number you use for 2FA if you're using the website:
- Find the option to change your contact details by heading to My Account and then the Contact Details page.
- You can make your changes there by clicking Edit Phone.
- You can provide a landline or mobile number and choose which one is your primary point of contact.
- Hit save to make the change and you're all set.
I lost my mobile phone – can I still log in using 2FA?
Losing your phone can be a real pain. You might be worried you’ve lost access to your Xe account as you use your mobile number as part of the 2FA login process. Don’t worry. We’ve planned for situations like this and provide alternative methods for accessing your account.
How to do this using the app
We’ll be able to detect if you’ve lost your old phone and are using a new one to access the app. Follow these instructions to get logged in.
- You’ll always be required to enter your email address and password when you first log in on a new device – this is the first factor of the process.
- We’ll then send a code to your email address, which acts as the second factor, and you’ll need to successfully enter that code to gain access to your account.
- This new device will be trusted moving forward.
How to do this using the website
- If you’re using our website, follow your normal route to the login screen.
- Enter your email address and password but when you get to the security check you’ll notice an option to change your phone number.
- You’ll be presented with a new screen where you’ll be prompted to tell us your new phone number and required to input a verification code we send to your registered email address.
- Successfully enter that code and you’ll gain access to your account.
Can I use a landline number for 2FA if I don't have a mobile phone?
If you've lost your mobile, or don't own one, but have access to a landline then we can use this number for your 2FA.
Follow the instructions above to navigate through the login process and choose the change your phone number option.
At this stage, instead of entering a mobile number, simply add your landline details and we'll send your verification code there instead.
How do I set up Touch ID or Face ID?
Absolutely. We encourage you to use Touch ID or Face ID to make your account as secure as possible. Not to mention, it makes it quick and easy to log in and out when using the app!
If your phone supports either of these security features, you'll be presented with the option to enable them via your Security settings. There’s a few simple steps to follow to activate these:
- Open the app and sign in to your account
- Click the Profile icon in the top left-hand corner of the screen
- Choose Settings and navigate to Security
- Use the slider to turn on Touch ID or Face ID
Problems logging in? We'll get you up and running in no time. Read our guide to log in issues here to find out more.