Due to regulatory requirements, we cannot hold Australian customers' funds for more than 30 days. For other regions, please see this article.
If you do have money in your Xe account, you can either:
|Please log in to your account on the Xe website to check your account balance - this information isn't available in the app. Learn more about ASIC's unclaimed funds process.|
Funds on account for more than 30 days
As the 30-day limit for holding funds approaches, we'll email you to remind you to use the funds or send them to your bank account.
If your account exceeds our 30-day limit for holding funds, we'll remove them in accordance with our regulatory obligations.
Balances of 100 AUD and above will be sent to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC). If the funds held on account are not in AUD, they will be converted at the prevailing market rate before being sent. Please see our Terms and Conditions.
The transfer of funds to ASIC is a two-step process:
- We notify ASIC of your unclaimed money. It can take a further 7 working days for ASIC to approve this notification.
- Once ASIC has approved our notification, your unclaimed funds will be transferred to ASIC.
Please allow a few working days for your balance to show on the ASIC website once it's been sent.
|Important: if your funds have been sent to ASIC, please contact ASIC directly for more information and support.|
If a balance of less than 100 AUD has been removed from your account after 30 days, please get in touch with us.
How to send the balance to your bank account
To send the money to yourself in the same currency, follow these steps:
- Sign into your account on the Xe website
- Select Payments & Balances from the main menu
- Choose the Balances tab
- Click on Make a payment
- Choose Existing recipient if your details are already on your account. To add yourself as a new recipient, select Recipients from the main menu and add your bank details (these must be in your name) then return to Payments to complete your transfer.
- Select a Reason for payment from the dropdown box
- You can tick Full amount to clear the balance
- Select Add, then follow the on-screen prompts to Confirm your transfer
Please contact us if you're unable to send your balance to your bank account from your online account.